A news round-up of global hot topics
- How can the U.S. embrace smart cities? – SmartPlanet: The implementation of smart cities technology has a large economic and sustainable upside. Smart cities have advanced technologies that aim to move people faster, save energy, connect people… (more)
- 4 Reasons Why US-China Collaboration is Critical to Sustainability – GreenBiz: At the fascinating first World Green Forum in Hong Kong earlier this summer, I was charged with addressing prospects for “green economic cooperation” between China and the U.S… (more)
- Biotech food for a warming planet – Marc Gunther Blog: Climate change is here, folks, and I’m not saying so because it’s hot outside. This is a big worry, or at least it should be… (more)
- Smart Grid Jobs Get an App – Greentech Media: Looking for a job in smart grid? There’s an app for that. For the savvy specialist who is always on the go and looking for new employment opportunities in the smart grid space, the one-year-old staffing agency…(more)
- MIT Unveils Solar Power System That Doesn’t Need Sunlight – Inhabitat: A solar energy system that doesn’t require sunlight is almost as bizarre as a tidal power system that doesn’t use water – however that’s exactly what researchers at MIT have cooked up. The team just unveiled a new photovoltaic energy conversion system… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.