A news round-up of global hot topics
- The US Army Has the ‘Land and the Demand’ for Renewable Energy – Renewable Energy World: The U.S. Army wants you, private investors, to install large-scale renewable energy projects on its lands to meet a goal of drawing 25% of electricity from clean sources by 2025… (more)
- Panasonic to Run Asia’s First Green Home Energy Project – GreenBiz: Panasonic and the government of Singapore are working to create Asia’s first public-housing test bed for technology designed to provide total energy solutions and, ultimately, link to a smart grid… (more)
- US government hails billion-tonne sustainable biomass supply – BusinessGreen: The US could produce over a billion tonnes of biomass material to supply the biofuels and bio-energy industries, without having an adverse impact on other agricultural and forestry markets… (more)
- Smarter Utility – Pike Research: Robust Growth Envisioned in Smart Meter Industry – TMCnet: Pike Research, a market research and consulting firm that provides in-depth analysis of global clean technology markets, has, in its current report titled ‘Smart Meter Market Forecasts,’ provided detailed market forecasts for the fast-growing global smart meter market… (more)
- Why we need a Kelley Blue Book for solar – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: More solar panels are sprouting from rooftops these days, and consumers can choose from a growing number of solar models and installers… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.