A news round-up of global hot topics
- United Kingdom: Next Smart Grid Frontier? – Greentech Media: Curbing peak power demand just doesn’t have the same urgency in energy-conscious Europe as it does in the U.S., but that doesn’t mean that efficiency and smart meters rollouts aren’t hot topics… (more)
- Renewable Energy Consumption Tops Nuclear for First Time – TechCrunch: According to a new report from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), the consumption of engery from renewable sources recently topped both the current and the historical consumption levels for nuclear energy… (more)
- Obama administration to stimulate biofuel industry – Reuters :Under the plan sponsored by the Navy, Energy and Agriculture departments, companies will be invited to bid on new biofuel projects where the government will match the investment… (more)
- Big data meets the smart grid – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Utilities will soon be overwhelmed with a tsunami of big data, from their newly-installed smart grid networks and smart meters. But that’s really an opportunity… (more)
- Price Collapse Will Help US Solar Market Double in 2011 – SustainableBusiness: Despite a struggling economy, the US solar photovoltaic (PV) market will double in 2011, according to the latest Solarbuzz report… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.