A news round-up of global hot topics
- European Commission Disputes Opinion on Biofuels Emissions- New York Times: The European Commission acknowledged on Wednesday that reductions in greenhouse gas emissions linked to the use of some forms of bioenergy — burning wood for electricity, for example — could be overestimated because of a “serious accounting error.”… (more)
- Bill Gates, others push for energy innovation-Politico: Bill Gates and several other formidable technology industry leaders brought a simple message to Capitol Hill on Tuesday: Invest in a more expansive energy and technology policy… (more)
- Hawaii Utility Turns to Biofuel To Lessen Reliance on Oil- Renewable Energy World: Isolation has its merits, but in Hawaii the same seclusion that lures planeloads of tourists also severs the state from its sources of energy… (more)
- What Makes Consumers Care About the Smart Grid?- Greentech Media: GridWeek is upon us, and customers continue to be a hot topic. To fuel the debate, companies and organizations are rolling out consumer surveys relating to smart grid and energy efficiency… (more)
- California’s Struggle To Add Solar To New Homes- Forbes: California is known for providing generous incentives that have successfully promoted solar energy production. But one program hasn’t been so popular, and it may remain so for some time… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.