A news round-up of global hot topics
- New Technologies Redraw the World’s Energy Picture – The New York Times: GOLDA MEIR, the former prime minister of Israel, used to tell a joke about how Moses must have made a wrong turn in the desert: “He dragged us 40 years through the desert to bring us to the one place in the Middle East where there was no oil.’ ” … (more)
- Google Funded Project Confirms Vast Potential for Geothermal Energy – Forbes: When people talk about alternative energy, they typically discuss the potential of wind and solar projects. Don’t get me wrong – there’s a vast potential in those technologies… (more)
- Biofuel investments keep on coming – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Developing biofuels continues to be a bright spot in the cleantech world. Two startups, plant genetic engineering company Chromatin and biofuel producer ZeaChem, announced separately on Tuesday that they have raised new rounds of funding… (more)
- Smart electric grid yields jobs, report says – San Francisco Chronicle: The effort to develop a smarter electricity grid has created more than 12,560 jobs in the Bay Area and could produce many more, according to a report to be released today… (more)
- Guest Post: Solar Power International 2011 Review – Greentech Media: SPI 2011 lived up to the reputation of its host city, Dallas, Texas. It was bigger than any previous SPI, as everything in the Lone Star State is reputed to be… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.