A news round-up of global hot topics
- How a startup is cracking the Indian solar market – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: “It’s year one for solar in India,” says Alan Rosling, the chairman and executive director of Kiran Energy, a solar developer startup based in Mumbai. But despite the early stage and small size of the crew at Kiran Energy… (more)
- GE Brings WattStation EV Charger to Amazon.com’s Marketplace – GreenBiz: Just in time to reach holiday cyber shoppers, GE is making its wall-mounted charger for electric cars available on Amazon.com… (more)
- The 10 Top Unanswered Biofuels Questions for 2011 – Biofuels Digest: All throughout the year, your questions have been drifting in to the Digest’s in-box. Job-hunting, capital-raising, data gathering, policy-predicting, technology-snooping, bona-fides-checking. Which are the biggest ones yet unanswered?… (more)
- Demand Response Trends in 2011 – Greentech Media: Last year, we called demand response “unsexy.” That trend has not reversed with another passing year. But that doesn’t mean that demand response and load management aren’t getting more interesting… (more)
- U.S. Solar Industry Posts Best Quarter Ever – Renewable Energy World: Judging by the headlines, the American solar industry is going through some rocky times. The Solyndra bankruptcy, the solar trade complaint filed against China and the pending expiration of a wildly popular grant program continue to provided fodder for an increasingly politicized discussion… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.