A news round-up of global hot topics
- Off-grid energy: The solution to Africa’s ‘resource curse’? – Greenbang: Despite being rich in natural resources — including a vast amount of renewable solar energy — Africa remains solidly at the bottom among the world’s continents in terms of human well being and development… (more)
- The top 10 trends for cleantech in 2011 – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Yep, it’s that time of year where we look back at the trends of the year and then look forward to what we think the next year has in store. We know these lists have become a bit cliche by now, but they really do enable us to reflect on the big picture… (more)
- To Survive, Some Biofuels Companies Give Up on Biofuels – SmartPlanet: Gevo, a prominent advanced-biofuels company that has received millions in U.S. government funding to develop fuels made from cellulosic sources such as grass and wood chips, is finding that it can’t use these materials if it hopes to survive… (more)
- Top 5 Smart Grid Trends of 2011 – Greentech Media: If you had to pick one word to sum up the key imperative for the smart grid industry at the close of 2011, it would have to be “integration.”… (more)
- Solar Power Year in Review 2011 – Greentech Media: Please forgive us the journalistic conceit of collecting these year-end trends — it’s a necessary evil we all put ourselves through. In solar, this year is a bit more nerve-wracking than last… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.