A news round-up of global hot topics
- China Sets New Record For Renewable Energy Storage – Forbes: BYD Co., which counts Warren Buffett as an investor, has completed the world’s largest lithium-ion battery project to bottle wind and solar electricity in China, which will likely see more large energy storage projects as a result of its ambition to add lots more renewable energy… (more)
- How to compare energy storage projects – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: As the grid energy storage market develops, we will see more projects being completed that boast to be the world’s largest. BYD, for example, completed a battery storage installation that filled up more than a football field, and the company said the project, at 36 megawatt hours, is the world’s largest… (more)
- EPA Finalizes 2012 Biofuel Production Targets, Outlook Is Positive – Greentech Media: Was 2011 a banner year for biofuels? It already seems like it was the year of big biofuel IPO announcements, and there’s now proof that production is steadily growing… (more)
- 12 smart grid startups to watch in 2012 – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: We brought you some predictions about the smart grid market in 2012, but what are some of the startups you should be keeping an eye on next year? You know you were about to ask me that…(more)
- Water + solar = savings for cash-strapped California utilities – Greenbang: Cash-strapped water utilities in California are turning to solar energy to keep operating in the face of ever-tighter public budgets… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.