A news round-up of global hot topics
- Will carbon emission reductions ever be enforced globally? – SmartPlanet: The Durban climate talks raised hope that governments across the globe were finally serious about tackling the problem of carbon emissions… (more)
- Energy Efficiency: Cheapest Power Around, but Getting More Expensive – Greentech Media: Two things you should know about energy efficiency: it’s still the cheapest “fuel” around, but it’s getting more expensive, according to a new report from the Edison Foundation’s Institute for Electric Efficiency… (more)
- The Year in Biomimicry: How Beetles, Mantis Shrimp & More Inspired Innovation – GreenBiz: Yes, it’s that time of year again: Time for the third annual Tommies, my pick of the top 10 bio-inspired innovations of 2011… (more)
- Smart Grid Operators Need to Integrate Processes for Security, Compliance – eWeek: A lack of standards and increasingly aggressive attackers will pose some challenges to electric utilities trying to monitor and secure smart grids, according to a recent report… (more)
- Keeping the Lights On: Why Concentrating Solar Power is Vital to Tomorrow’s Energy Mix – Cleantechnica: Picture a solar power station. You think of a bunch of solar panels, right? Photovoltaic (PV) solar power, which uses cells to turn the sun’s rays directly into electricity, accounts for, by far, the majority of solar power installed worldwide… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.