A news round-up of global hot topics
- Germany Installed More Than 2 GW of Solar in December – Greentech Media: The U.S. installed about 1.7 gigawatts of photovoltaic panels in 2011, according to Greentech Media Research… (more)
- The green guide to CES 2012 – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: There’s not a whole lot that’s sustainable, efficient, or eco-friendly about the yearly Consumer Electronics Show — hey, it’s a massive gathering of tech enthusiasts that have flown into Las Vegas and are spending a week handing out schwag and showing off gadgets… (more)
- GE’s smart grid services highlight a move to the cloud – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Two recent wins for General Electric’s Grid IQ offering signal not just where GE is headed. They also suggest two important trends for 2012… (more)
- Which side are you on? The solar trade wars – Marc Gunther Blog: Should we worry about Chinese government subsidies to its solar industry? Or send the Chinese a thank-you note?… (more)
- Biomass and Electricity, Part One – The New York Times: Burning natural gas releases less heat-trapping carbon dioxide then burning coal does because it has only about half as much carbon per unit of energy… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website.