A news round-up of global hot topics
- California Outdone in 33 Percent Renewable Target by — Morocco? – Matter Network : In writing about yet another huge wind project being put out to bid by Morocco this morning, I started to look at California’s own renewable targets… (more)
- 6 Predictions for Green IT in 2012 – GreenBiz: Improving the efficiency of IT tops the list for enterprises as they go into 2012, according to Craig Symons, the principal analyst at Forrester Research… (more)
- FlexEnergy Lands $18M for Micro Turbines for Methane or Natural Gas – Greentech Media: Everyone loves the idea of taking waste and turning it into something useful. The romantic idea of a truly sustainable cycle continues to capture the imagination of companies working on squeezing power or products from a variety of waste sources… (more)
- Who Are the Top Ten Vendors in Smart Grid? – Greentech Media: GTM Research is pleased to unveil our latest research report, The Networked Grid 150: The End-to-End Smart Grid Vendor Ecosystem Profiles and Rankings… (more)
- A solar powered tablet for every child – SmartPlanet: The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) foundation serves areas that lack a reliable electrical grid. With some ingenuity, it has made bicycle generators, hand cranks, and even water wheels become interchangeable power sources… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website and receive the full version of this tracker.