A news round-up of global hot topics
- Who’s in the lead? Algae around the world – Biofuels Digest: Who’s in front in the development of algal-based fuels and biomaterials? India, China, Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Israel, the EU, or the US. The NAABB’s globe-trotting chief parses it out… (more)
- Renewable energy investment soared in 2011 – SmartPlanet: 2011 was outwardly a tumultuous year for clean energy, but economic uncertainty and the air of scandal were in actuality just red herrings…(more)
- The Rise of the Biobased Economy and How Your Company Should Respond in 2012 – Triple Pundit: Our economy is slowly but surely heeding the signal that carbon is the new watchword. During the past few years, a steady stream of so-called “biobased” products have been making their way to retail shelves…. (more)
- Smart grid predictions for 2012 – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: The new year is a good time to look ahead and back. I’ve been doing a lot of deep thinking about how the smart grid is developing. Here’s what I expect we’ll see happen in 2012…(more)
- How the Humble Sunflower Holds the Key to More-Efficient Solar Power – CleanTechnica: Regular readers are well aware of concentrating solar power (CSP), the growing technology which uses the sun’s energy to heat fluid (not unlike a steam engine) rather than using photovoltaic cells to convert it directly to electricity…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website and receive the full version of this tracker.