A news round-up of global hot topics
- Sand-resistant solar panels for Middle East from Siemens, Masdar – SmartPlanet: With its constant beating sun, the Middle East ought to have much more solar power than it does. Relative to the rest of the world, it has very little… (more)
- The State of Green Business 2012 – GreenBiz: Our 2012 State of Green Business report, our fifth annual, has just been published. I’m not going to mince words: Things aren’t going as well as we’d hoped… (more)
- People worth knowing in biofuels, part I – Biofuels Digest: Today, we look at the morning session on Tuesday, April 3, from the opening keynote to the Government Policies and Policy Outlook…(more)
- When it comes to smart grid, Cisco’s thinking big picture – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Networking giant Cisco held a press event on Tuesday morning showing off a couple of new products for its smart grid initiative, but mostly emphasizing an overall design and architecture for how Cisco sees the entire smart grid network for its potential utility customers… (more)
- The (Solar) Light at the End of the Tunnel – The New York Times: A consultant for the Defense Department reports that introducing solar installations on nine military bases in the Mojave and Colorado Desert could generate 7,000 megawatts of power… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website and receive the full version of this tracker.