A news round-up of global hot topics
- $5 billion solar scheme for U.S., Spain, Middle East – SmartPlanet: Torresol Energy, the Spanish-Abu Dhabi joint venture, is planning to plough up to $5 billion into building solar electricity plants in the U.S., Spain and the Middle East over the next 3 years… (more)
- Obama defends clean power, embraces offshore oil – GigaOm/Earth2Tech : On one hand, it looks like the ghost of Solyndra didn’t scare away President Obama from addressing government support for solar technology and clean power in the State of the Union address on Tuesday night… (more)
- Advanced Biofuels USA releases Farm Bill wish list – Biofuels Digest: Washington, Advanced Biofuels USA released a proposal for low cost and cost-efficient policies that should be included in the Farm Bill which will be under consideration through 2012… (more)
- And the Smart Grid Winner Is… – Greentech Media: DistribuTECH 2012 is here. Somewhere between the countless smart meter displays, smart thermostats and promises of interoperability, there are a few contenders that stand out…(more)
- California’s Lead in Solar Is Slowly Eroding – The New York Times: The growth of California’s local solar-power systems, not only on rooftops but in parking lots, farmers’ fields and vineyard irrigation ponds, has kept the state well ahead of others in the total power generated from photovoltaic systems… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website and receive the full version.