A news round-up of global hot topics
- Breakthrough: World’s most efficient solar panel – SmartPlanet: North Carolina’s Semprius Inc. and its German backer Siemens said they have developed the world’s most efficient solar panel… (more)
- Obama Administration Aims to Clear Roadblocks Holding Up Tribal Renewables – Forbes: America’s Indian Country has the potential to host a significant share of the renewable energy generated in the United States… (more)
- A low-cost, low-risk path to meeting US biofuels targets – Biofuels Digest: Freaking out over USDA estimates that 400 new biorefineries are needed to meet RFS goals, by 2022?… (more)
- Smart Grid News: 12 smart grid companies to watch in 2012 – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Nearly 7,000 votes later and Smart Grid News has the results of its third annual Smart Grid Companies to Watch search… (more)
- New York’s Solar Balance Sheet – The New York Times: Despite uncertainties in the solar energy market, New York officials should support the “steady and measured growth” of solar power in the state as part of a balanced renewable energy strategy, a new report recommends…. (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website and receive the full version of this tracker.