A news round-up of global hot topics
- India Crushed World in 2011 Cleantech Investment Growth – CleanTechnica: For those eager to overlook words, note the important word “growth” at the end of the title above—India didn’t crush the world in cleantech investment in 2011…(more)
- Why Google invests in clean energy – Marc Gunther Blog: Last year, Google invested more than $915 million in clean energy projects–solar, wind and transmission…(more)
- Biofuels from Seaweed – C&E News: The concept of making biofuels from seaweed has been floating around as an idea for a while now, but this week there were a few real news items about it… (more)
- What is the smart grid? – Greenbang: Governments, energy companies and tech firms all talk about the “smart grid” a lot, but what exactly is the smart grid?…(more)
- Some good news: Fewer solar projects in Cali will fail in the future – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: All of those wind and solar power projects you hear about being built in California actually have a pretty high failure rate of around 30-40 percent, according to regulators and utilities…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website and receive the full version of this tracker.