A news round-up of global hot topics
- Wind power in Europe grew 11% in 2011 – The Guardian: The EU added 9,616MW of wind energy capacity during 2011, making up more than a fifth of total new power installations, industry figures have today revealed… (more)
- White House Pushes Green Button To Liberate Your Energy Data – TechCrunch: The future of easy home energy monitoring may be a little bit closer, thanks to a government initiative designed to allow consumers direct access to their energy consumption data…(more)
- Trash-to-biofuel developer Enerkem files for an IPO – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Enerkem, which develops technology that turns waste into biofuel and has won federal government backing, on Friday filed for an IPO that could raise up to $125 million… (more)
- Smarter energy markets: Another benefit of smart grids – Greenbang: One challenge in connecting more renewables to the grid is how to balance fairly predictable demand with the more unpredictable nature of on-and-off sources like wind and solar…(more)
- DOE’s Untold Impact on Solar – Renewable Energy World: The Obama Administration’s $60 billion Loan Guarantee Program (LGP) for renewable energy is considered a failure because of Solyndra, Beacon Power, and potential 2012 bankruptcies… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.