A news round-up of global hot topics
- Solar PV Cost Competitive in Middle East, New Analysis Finds – CleanTechnica: Andrew wrote a few weeks ago on Saudi Arabia perhaps becoming the next solar hotspot, and we’ve written a few pieces recently on big projects or ideas for projects in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region…(more)
- Google, Cisco top the list of the greenest IT companies – GigaOm/Earth2Tech: How do the heavy weights of the Internet and telecom stack up in terms of how green their technology, energy consumption and political advocacy are?…(more)
- Biotech crops are winning over farmers – Marc Gunther Blog: The debate over biotech crops has become predictable. In his 2012 annual letter from the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates…(more)
- Smart meters to proliferate in 2012 – FierceSmartGrid: More than 52 million smart meters will be installed in the U.S. by the end of 2012, according to the findings in Zpryme’s “Smart Grid Executive Survey 2012.”…(more)
- What’s Driving North America’s Solar PV Market in 2012? – Renewable Energy World: The North American solar photovoltaic (PV) market tacked on nearly another full gigawatt (GW) of installations in 4Q11, echoing a late-year surge seen in other markets…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.