A news round-up of global hot topics
- Does oil-rich Middle East have a green destiny? – Greenbang: Think about Middle-Eastern OPEC countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq and the United Arab Emirates and what comes to mind? Is it the obvious: oil? Or is it solar energy, smart grids and green technology?…(more)
- Walmart’s Renewable Energy Power Surge – Triple Pundit: The EPA Green Power Partnership’s latest quarterly rankings of the top renewable energy buyers has few surprises but does underscore the idea that large, profitable corporations such as Intel and Walmart will always…(more)
- Bioenergy Seeks a Distribution Model – Matter Network: The energy industry is particularly adept at taking raw material and turning it into products. Whether producing heat, power, or fuel…(more)
- Siemens Tries Demand Response in a New York Minute, and Other Smart Grid Software Moves –Greentech Media: Siemens’ smart grid plan has always included partnering up where it lacks expertise in particular facets of the industry — even if those partnerships sometimes end up in an acquisition, as with eMeter…(more)
- DOE Loan Curse: First Solar Latest To Face Funding Delay – Forbes: Green technology companies last year scrambled to nail down billions of dollars in federal loan guarantees to build solar power plants, wind farms and electric car factories before the program expired…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.