A news round-up of global hot topics
- European Offshore Wind Sector Holds Steady – Renewable Energy World: With 235 new offshore wind turbines grid-connected and worth approximately €2.4 billion, 2011 was a stable year for the offshore wind industry, according to the European Wind Energy Association…(more)
- Steven Chu Takes on ‘Vampire Slayer’ Role in Cutting Energy Use – GreenBiz: Thanks to new energy efficiency standards proposed last week, DOE Secretary Steven Chu has a new credential on top of his Nobel Prize: he’s a vampire slayer…(more)
- ACC to launch Biobased Chemistry Network – ICIS Green Chemicals: Here is a very short notice from the American Chemistry Council on their plans to launch a Biobased Chemistry Network…(more)
- Utility Executives: Smart Grid Investments to Jump in 2012 – Proformative: U.S. utility executives expect investment in so-called “smart grid” technologies and services to rise in 2012, reflecting market-wide interest in driving more efficient and sustainable energy consumption…(more)
- Big Solar Fights California County’s ‘Sun Tax’ – EarthTechling: A fight has broken out in Riverside County, Calif., that could impact the future of utility-scale solar power development in the United States…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.