A news round-up of global hot topics
- China Encourages Solar-Product Makers to Expand Amid Supply Glut — Bloomberg: China set targets for increasing production capacity at key polysilicon and solar cell makers, part of the government’s plan to ensure its companies survive a slump in prices… (more)
- A push for cheaper, safer natural gas cars — GigaOm/Earth2Tech: It’s fair to say that natural gas is truly the darling of U.S. energy sources these days, thanks to its abundance, cheap price and relatively clean (lower emission) image when standing next to coal or oil… (more)
- Trending in Liquid Fuels — C&E News: I’ve never had an automobile that ran on anything other than gasoline… (more)
- Viridity, ConEd Solutions Take On Demand Response 2.0 — Greentech Media: Demand response — turning down building power loads to shave peak grid demand — sometimes gets split into 1.0 and 2.0 versions… (more)
- Thermal Storage Gets More Solar on the Grid — Renewable Energy World : It’s 4:45 on a sweltering August afternoon, and the rooftop solar panels are starting to lose juice… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.