A news round-up of global hot topics
- China sets ambitious growth targets for solar champions – Recharge: According to the five-year plan for the solar industry published by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Beijing wants its leading polysilicon manufacturers to each reach 50,000 tonnes of production capacity by 2015…(more)
- Electricity Democratization and Decentralization – TriplePundit: Energy supply is slowly moving from centralized utility-scale power plants to small distributed renewable sources, a large number of which are privately owned… (more)
- Big green chemical news – ICIS Green Chemicals: So many news came out today and I haven’t had a sip of my already-lukewarm coffee yet! First stop, Elevance and France-based specialty chemical company Arkema announced that… (more)
- Palo Alto: What a Muni Really Wants – Greentech Media: Two months into 2012 and the municipal and cooperative utility market has already been a steady subject of conversation in smart grid circles… (more)
- Solar Power Will Help Melt The Chocolate – Earth Techling:Next time you enjoy a mouthwatering piece of Ethel M Chocolates, you can feel good about knowing it was manufactured with the help of solar energy… (more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.