A news round-up of global hot topics
- China’s Solar Markets Also Catch Chill — Renewable Energy World: With the solar bubble apparently bursting around the industry’s ears in late 2011, as 2012 opens its doors for business much attention has been focused on the sector…(more)
- Legendary Investors Step Up Investments in Clean, Renewable Energy — CleanTechnica: The battle to extend, even expand, federal government support for renewable, clean energy resource development as opposed to continuing to favor fossil fuels is shaping up to be a key political issue distinguishing Democratic and Republican platforms in the run-up to this year’s elections…(more)
- US Ethanol Industry Re-tools As Biofuels Struggle To Scale Post-IPO — AOL Energy: Corn-based ethanol production is set to peak this year as the Environmental Protection Agency’s advanced biofuels mandate has capped production of conventional ethanol at 15 billion gallons, or about 357 million barrels…(more)
- Utilities Are Getting Ahead Of Smart Meter Opt-Out Demands — Renew Grid: As the chorus of consumers crying out about the alleged risks of smart meters becomes increasingly louder, some utilities are trying to quiet the protests by offering customers the option to keep their analog meters…(more)
- First Solar’s $215 Million “Manufacturing Excursion” — Greentech Media: A process control issue involving its CdTe thin-film solar panels is being put right…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.