A news round-up of global hot topics
- The next Occupy: Solar energy? — Greenbang: Solar energy, it seems, has become too successful for its own good…(more)
- Army Green: DOD Leads Fight For Renewable Energy — Triple Pundit: The U.S. Army just released an RFP for $7 billion in new renewable energy contracts…(more)
- “Grow it Here, Make it Here”: first look at landmark bio-based products bill — Biofuels Digest: In Washington, Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan is expected to present her “Grow it Here, Make it Here” bill today to support the development of bio-based renewable chemicals…(more)
- 75% of U.S. electric meters will be smart by 2016 — GigaOm Earth2Tech: Despite some of the push back from a very vocal but tiny group, smart meters in the U.S. are coming — and fast…(more)
- Tough Times for Thin Film Solar Makers — C&E News: Two U.S. manufacturers of thin film solar cells based on cadmium telluride have been having a tough couple of weeks…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.