A news round-up of global hot topics
- Life after the ‘Green Rush’: UK’s clean-energy hangover — Greenbang: There is no question that the UK’s new Green Deal is welcome news for the industry…(more)
- Meet Honest Buildings, A Yelp And LinkedIn For Greener Buildings — Forbes: Riggs Kubiak had a problem. As the Director of Sustainability for Tishman Speyer, a leading global real estate developer, owner, and operator, Riggs was responsible for integrating environmental innovation into buildings…(more)
- EPA says not now, maybe later to camelina, energy cane, napiergrass, and giant reed as biofuels feedstocks — Biofuels Digest: In Washington, the EPA withdrew the direct final rule to allow camelina, energy cane, napiergrass, and giant reed to meet the RFS2…(more)
- Building a business case for smart meters — GigaOm/Earth2Tech: Utility regulators tend to put investments in newer technologies such as smart meters (or advanced metering infrastructure) under a microscope — even though they pay relatively little attention to ongoing investments such as substations and transformers…(more)
- Dow Solar Film Could Give PV Another Boost — Earth Techling: Easily recognizable as blue squares on rooftops, crystalline silicon-based solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are perhaps the oldest and best-known form of solar power…(more)
For more cleantech industry updates, sign up for Edelman’s Cleantech Tracker on our website to receive the full version of this tracker.